Wednesday 29 January 2014

More fun with stencils - Day 1

Thanks to all you lovely people who shared such encouraging comments on my previous card for STENCILED... If you missed it do check it out here.

So here I am back again with the card I promised ... Still stuck on day 1 of the class as I have so many other little things on hand....
BTW did I mention Yohann has now started Playschool and it's such good fun with a new experience and a new word everyday... Soon to be two I think time is really running too fast...

And so now back to my card....

Today i am sharing a card I made with a stencil and heat embossing. The template is a Kaisercraft 12 by 12 damask pattern which is actually too big for a card. But poor me for lack of a variety in stencils had to make do with this one... as I really wanted to try the technique.



Can you see the shine from the heat embossing... i love the way it stands out against the distressing...


Have kept  a simple ribbon bow to complete the look of the card without making it too crowded.

Here is a full picture of the stencil I used ...


I think I did a decent job with this card... Waiting to hear all your comments... 
Bye!!!! Cya soon....

14 comments:

  1. Waoh! Jovi love ur work , n awesome creation! Loved the idea of using a part of a big stencil in an smaller version :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sharada. Your appreciation means a lot.

      Delete
  2. Nice colour palette. I really like the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dear. as i was inking up i was really not sure it would work as i had to cover up all the other parts... finally it did and happy with the results.

      Delete
  3. Really nice...good job done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice...good job done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its beautiful Jovi :) ..Love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. thanks so much... I love the way it gives an Indian touch to the card.

      Delete
  7. Superb!!! Wow!! never realised the stencil is so huge!!
    I love the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tee.... the stencil is super Hugh actually... but managed to get a good result.

      Delete
  8. Jovi this is really beautiful ! I really love that stencil work u did !!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.. I would love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...