Wednesday, 29 January 2014

More fun with stencils - Day 1

Thanks to all you lovely people who shared such encouraging comments on my previous card for STENCILED... If you missed it do check it out here.

So here I am back again with the card I promised ... Still stuck on day 1 of the class as I have so many other little things on hand....
BTW did I mention Yohann has now started Playschool and it's such good fun with a new experience and a new word everyday... Soon to be two I think time is really running too fast...

And so now back to my card....

Today i am sharing a card I made with a stencil and heat embossing. The template is a Kaisercraft 12 by 12 damask pattern which is actually too big for a card. But poor me for lack of a variety in stencils had to make do with this one... as I really wanted to try the technique.



Can you see the shine from the heat embossing... i love the way it stands out against the distressing...


Have kept  a simple ribbon bow to complete the look of the card without making it too crowded.

Here is a full picture of the stencil I used ...


I think I did a decent job with this card... Waiting to hear all your comments... 
Bye!!!! Cya soon....

14 comments:

  1. Waoh! Jovi love ur work , n awesome creation! Loved the idea of using a part of a big stencil in an smaller version :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sharada. Your appreciation means a lot.

      Delete
  2. Nice colour palette. I really like the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dear. as i was inking up i was really not sure it would work as i had to cover up all the other parts... finally it did and happy with the results.

      Delete
  3. Its beautiful Jovi :) ..Love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. thanks so much... I love the way it gives an Indian touch to the card.

      Delete
  5. Superb!!! Wow!! never realised the stencil is so huge!!
    I love the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tee.... the stencil is super Hugh actually... but managed to get a good result.

      Delete
  6. Jovi this is really beautiful ! I really love that stencil work u did !!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.. I would love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...